Music Banter - View Single Post - Please explain: Why do you dislike U2/Bono??
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #95 (permalink)
1moretroubadour
Account Disabled

@ Urban Hatemonger
Wow. I was slowly doing a write up while reading your colossal rant but I had to stop because it was just such a waste of time reading it. You didn't list any actual dates to prove your points (just generic years) and it seems like most of what you wrote was just....made up? I'm not going to correct it all and put up a debate, anyone who wants to know the truth can just look it up for themselves. I would just like to know why you would do something like that. What are you getting out this?

I mean I can understand you disliking them for their music, work and….I don't know what else you're complaining about, his haircut (?) because fine that's subjective. What I don't get is why you HATE them for it. If most people don't like a celebrity or artist, they just put their work off and put on something else. Seems like you're dealing with some issues of your own mate.

Anyway, I don't care much for Kim Kardashian; as an influential figure, she is irresponsibly ignorant and exploitative. That said, she deserves admiration for the work she's done for AIDS and Cancer research. If her success eventually translates to a family not having to lose a loved one, or a person being able to maintain a treatment they could no longer afford, then more power to her.

I love U2 and, although I can get annoyed with Bono too, I have nothing but admiration for the man as a musician, performer and philanthropist. Nevermind the details, there are people in the world who would have only died young if it wasn't for him. He's inspired an enormous generation of artists. And its interesting that there are complaints in his asking for money from people when his ONE organization specifically does not ask for money; they are only looking for voices and votes.

But nevermind, I won't change any minds. Wish there was a little less mindless hate and jealousy in the world but what can you do?
1moretroubadour is offline   Reply With Quote