Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #12056 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Months flew by with very little indication that time was passing. I would have preferred more of the story of how we got from Bane making speeches in the football stadium to the entire city being under his control, but instead a lot of time was spent on throwaway characters like Foley and Dagget.
They mention the bomb having 5 months left multiple times throughout the film. You have the change in seasons, batman training. I don't agree with this, either.

Quote:
Maybe that's why Batman/Bruce seemed like such an undeveloped character in the movie to me. In the other movies he wore both masks and actually felt like a mutli-faceted human being. In this one he felt like a secondary character in his own movie.
Why? This film you have to most personal relations between alfred and bruce. You see bruce's first interaction with gordon as a kid, exposition on why batmans identity is universal. The fact that he learned to have to fear death is pretty cool for a quintessential super hero, usually it's the opposite. You wanted the exact same character as the previous films, again?

Quote:
That's great, but unfortunately it looks really cheesy.
can't argue with that

"cheesy" isn't a staple of batman's history. Not since his introduction to tv, nor being played by george clooney, no, this film really lays on the cheese.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote