Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #12058 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So mentioning that the bomb is going to go off in 5 months a couple of times really helped tell the story of how we got from point A to point B for you?
It escalated though. It was the reason for everybody's side plots (which you legitimately disliked) levitt collecting the kids on the bus, gordon getting the crap beat out of him like usual, this time on a truck, etc. It gave batman the perfect time window for recovering.

I thought it was reiterated in pretty good manor.

Quote:
Okay, first of all, the shot of Bruce's first interaction with Gordon was a clip from Batman Begins so that certainly wasn't adding anything to the story. Also, Batman Begins had far, far more personal interaction between Bruce and Alfred.
Oh really? I honestly don't remember that film that vividly. It may have had more but i thought they stuff they talked about was more interesting in this one. Alfred wishing bruce had never came back, maybe that was in the other films as well though.

Quote:
With those two things out of the way, why are you assuming I'd want "the exact same character as the previous films"? What does that even mean? I'm saying I would have preferred the main character to be handled in a way that was more three-dimensional. Nolan certainly pulled that off in first two movies, but in this one he really lacked depth.
I don't get what the extra dimension the other films had. You subtracted the playboy bruce wayne for reclusive bruce wayne, got rid of one love interest for two(including catwoman), re introduce training metho's like the first film, i don't get why his character seems less fleshed out this time.

Quote:
Huh? Did I say this was cheesier than the old TV show or Batman & Robin somewhere? What I'm saying is that it was cheesy compared to the other two Nolan movies.
I honestly need to watch those again. I think liam neeson playing raz al ghul is doing harm to the original material, while bane's portrayal in this film is actually improving upon it.

With the characters this film added-catwoman in particular-and the comic locales (raz al ghuls pit) it was certainly going to be more comical than the other films, but I'm just glad they went ahead and did it anyway.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote