Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #12062 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post

The love interest is actually an excellent example of what I'm talking about. In the first two movies you have Rachel Dawes, who actually has a long history and obvious chemistry with Bruce Wayne. Their relationship is something you care about. In the new movie you have Talia, who is his business partner and has a completely business relationship with him until they abruptly hook up for no reason. Catwoman is even less of a love interest. They share a mutual respect then she kisses him, the end. Not that I'm saying the movie needed some kind of love interest, I'm just saying this is indicative of how poorly the character was handled in The Dark Knight Rises.
Catwoman and batman definitively wanna bang, so much sexual tension i don't know how you call it a mutual respect.

Quote:
I do think it would have been cooler if Ken Watanabe had really been Ra's al Ghul, but Liam Neeson made a perfect Ducard imo, and since the two characters were merged into one by Nolan, I thought he was appropriate for the part. It's kind of interesting that you refer to the source material here though, because I thought The Dark Knight Rises handled Talia horribly. I'm surprised that doesn't bother you too.
They handled her exactly like the comics. The twist in the movie has been used countless times in the comics, and it's always kinda abrupt and dumb. Thats why i liked how they did it in the film.
Quote:
As far as Bane goes: I was never really a fan of him in the comics, but I've always felt he had potential. I thought if anyone could make him an effective character it would be Nolan. I didn't feel like his portrayal in this movie was any kind of improvement over the comics. He was basically the same, but with an annoying voice.
Same? He doesn't have stupid tubes injected into him and a psudo-bdsm mask on his face.

The voice is cool.

You don't like the film janz and thats totally fine i think we've covered everything extensively at this point
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote