Music Banter - View Single Post - It is now official: Modern pop music all sounds the same
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moretroubadour View Post
But I do agree with music becoming more loud which seems unnecessary. Its the result of bad audio engineers and producers who (in my opinion) can not find another way to engage the listener and run out of ways to earn their paycheques other than just cleaning up the sound. Most studios today subscribe to this kind of thing; that the mastering process is just cleaning up the sound and maxing out the volume. And its a shame because there is so much more interesting things you can do with today's technology and powerful recording equipment.
Ever notice how much louder commercials are compared to the show you're watching? That's why cds got 'louder' over the last few years - the new singles needed a way to compete for sonic real estate in the public sector and worked it like a tv commercial. I figure it's way more about label pressure than shoddy production work.

There are still some bands releasing material the old fashioned way, but it sounds odd when compared to the impact a modern 'loud' disc provides. Especially if you're used to listening at lower volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote