Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #903 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
God, I never really bothered to look up Carnivore's lyrics. They are some gloriously politically incorrect tongue-in-cheek dog****.
I don't know if "tongue-in-cheek" is the best description of where that tongue is!

Actually I think the lyrics are kinda sweet, like a mini romance novel. They remind me of this other little "love song":

Alice Cooper -- "Feed My Frankenstein"

Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Not to drag this conversation too far away from metal, but I really would like to respond to these comments because you are most definitely being unfair by condemning jazz as "vacuous". Just because much of it is instrumental doesn't mean it lacks depth any more than a lack of words on a painting would mean it lacks depth. To pick the most prominent example: A lot of the classic jazz of the 50s and 60s was very much about freedom. Listen to some Charles Mingus or Liberation Music Orchestra. This music was the soundtrack to civil rights and to pushing back against the existing power structure, it was music about casting off shackles and demanding respect. It most certainly was not vacuous.
You're right. I haven't listened to much jazz...or at least not Charles Mingus or Liberation Music Orchestra. They do sound interesting. Maybe I'll mosey over to the Jazz subforum after all when I get tired of screamed vocals here.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote