Music Banter - View Single Post - Deathcore, Metalcore, Screamo & Hardcore - Favorite Bands?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #52 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Is deathcore even still a thing anymore? I mean, it's been years now, so shouldn't the whole thing have died down by now and gone onto the next thing? Honestly, I haven't been paying the slightest attention to what's "big" in metal these days, so I have no clue what the current trend is in mainstream/underground metal. Did I say "thing" enough times do you think?
Yeah it's still pretty big with the group that liked it previously. I like very little deathcore but there are a few enjoyable acts out there. I actually just got to see Whitechapel live and they were great. The vocalist had more endurance than anyone I've ever seen. At one point he held out a growl for a solid 15 seconds directly after a full verse. Lots of energy in that show from all members.

The current trend now in "metal" is post-hardcore bull****. Not the good post-hardcore stuff like Touche Amore (they are like Isis is to metal) but rather the ****ty emo crabcore groups.
Attack Attack, I See Stars, Abandon All Ships...the kind of bands that make all the girls wet at Warped Tour (and some of the weaker boys)
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote