Music Banter - View Single Post - Deathcore, Metalcore, Screamo & Hardcore - Favorite Bands?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #55 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic1234 View Post
Look, I know there's a lot of **** in deathcore and recently it's been especially bad, with scene band after scene band just copying eachother to the point where basically every song is just the same open note palm muted breakdown for five minutes with the occasional fast riff bit. But there are actually some deathcore bands I dig that I feel like, while similar to these later bands in some respects, are pretty distinguishable from eachother and are pretty heavy. Perhaps it is because most of these bands are from the subgenre's early days. Whatever reason I like them, here's my list:

The Red Chord
Elysia
Despised Icon
War From a Harlot's Mouth
We are the End
The Black Dahlia Murder (though they often lean closer to straight death metal)
Suffokate

I'd also include Dying Fetus, Suffocation and Skinless but it's a bit debatable as to whether they're really deathcore or more of precursors to the sound.

Does anyone else here dig deathcore? If so what are some of YOUR favorite bands or bands I think I should get into?
I also like the Red Chord and The Black Dahlia Murder (although TBDM is melodic death metal). I couldn't really give any recommendations because I don't listen to the genre that often. Whitechapel and Upon A Burning Body are great bands to go see live, but I don't know about recreational listening. After the Burial have a few good songs I guess.

Edit: forgot to mention the Contortionist. They are a good deathcore band

Last edited by LOLPOCALYPSE; 08-06-2012 at 02:03 PM.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote