Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #42 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanks Ki, but as you can see I did suss that out soon after, and corrected myself. I suppose I could just have gone back and deleted the bit about female vocals, but I wanted to show that I'm not infallible (though I am) and also how the guy's voice made such an impression on me, and was so different that I did in fact mistake it for female. Always think it makes the review seem a little more real/honest if you admit the mistakes you made while reviewing, eg "There are no ballads on this album --- oh wait, there's one" or "This beautiful piano piece which lulls you to --- ah. Just became a heavy guitar-oriented track. I see." Leaves you with more of an impression of this being a first-time review, as all these are.
I must have missed that, or just read the review too fast. I did like the way you went about it though. You noted most if not all the strong points of the album. Andvari alone is such an emotional roller coaster when you hear it for the first time. One of the cool parts of that song is the end, where it repeats and repeats, but it's more incredible than annoying.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote