Music Banter - View Single Post - Rolling Stone: 10 Greatest Albums of All Time
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #62 (permalink)
blackdragon123
don't be no bojangles

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duraddict View Post
How do you determine such people? Because I've had tons of people throw that at me. Saying that I only hate them because they are popular.
Well even thought i can completely understand why people don't like them. People say they're boring, too clean cut, too superficial, and that's fair enough. They're some of the reasons why The Beatles will never be my favourite band. But the amount of aggression and hostility that's directed towards them and their fans by certain people is just uncalled for and obviously reactionary because of the general resentment towards their popularity. I didn't start this thread to praise the fab four. It was started to ignite a discussion about what albums are considered the best by "the unseen panel of hipster judges" to quote Max Bemis. The Beatles aren't the only band to feature on the list and yet you homed in on them. Bob Dylan has 2 albums in the list, why not accuse the thread of being a "Bob Dylan fan thread"? I think Blonde on Blonde is a crap album. But there's a difference between not liking something and holding a grudge.
When the copper fades away!'
- Jethro Tull
blackdragon123 is offline   Reply With Quote