Music Banter - View Single Post - Rolling Stone: 10 Greatest Albums of All Time
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 AM   #64 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdragon123 View Post
Well even thought i can completely understand why people don't like them. People say they're boring, too clean cut, too superficial, and that's fair enough. They're some of the reasons why The Beatles will never be my favourite band. But the amount of aggression and hostility that's directed towards them and their fans by certain people is just uncalled for and obviously reactionary because of the general resentment towards their popularity. I didn't start this thread to praise the fab four. It was started to ignite a discussion about what albums are considered the best by "the unseen panel of hipster judges" to quote Max Bemis. The Beatles aren't the only band to feature on the list and yet you homed in on them. Bob Dylan has 2 albums in the list, why not accuse the thread of being a "Bob Dylan fan thread"? I think Blonde on Blonde is a crap album. But there's a difference between not liking something and holding a grudge.
I think the reason people have focused on the Beatles is that 40% of the albums on the list are Beatles albums. That really is pretty ridiculous on a list that allegedly represents the best of all styles of music from all eras in which albums were released.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote