Music Banter - View Single Post - That one album you wished you'd never bought
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Duraddict
Music Addict

Some candidates for the worst music I ever actually spent money on:

Complete Euro-trash sings autotuned techno tracks about Playstation and blue aliens. Just horrible. Not even fun for the camp factor.

Pretentious crap. Every song sounds the same.

...no.

I don't hate this as much as the other records on this list, but I was so excited when I bought the special edition. I even bought in Iceland. I was so pumped to hear it, and on the trip back from Iceland to Boston, I tried man. I. Tried. It was terrible and still is.

Aside from the title track, this album is simply a dud. While it was recorded back when Britney had at least SOME vocal talent, the sappy production did not age well and my love affair with Britney didn't last longer than a couple of months.

Weird to put my favorite boys on this list, but seriously now. What were they thinking when they erased all the melodies and musicianship from their sound? What made Duran Duran so special was the way they twisted synths and guitars to make a sound all their own. This was just adult contemporary crap. Decent vocals from Simon, though.

**BONUS** A free album I still ended up loathing:

With songs like Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Anyone Who Had a Heart, I was pumped to hear this. But my God. These boys are dreary and zap all the personality out of some amazing tracks. The only piece of vinyl I've ever actually taken a box cutter to. Just for shiggles. At least it was free.