Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of this generation of music?
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #157 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
I did not. I just found some of the songs from 1985 to 1986 to be very average. That is all. I just find some of the songs to be very average.
But every single year between 1960 to 1984 then 1987 to 2004 you found stuff you like? I wouldn't know how to pick a year I dislike.

I had to check a UK chart site, but I found decent songs from 85/86. I thought ABC's Be Near Me and Pet Shop West End Girls the pinnacle of Pop music. And I don't listen to or care for Pop music all that much. Those two songs are infintely better than anything than what's Pop today. Who cares what Madonna and Michael Jackson did then or what Lady Gaga does now.
I thought what came out of the UK circa 80s was at times shear genius (not that I love everything Pop from the 80s) I don't know what to say about today's music on the Pop charts. In gerenal I don't care about a lot of Pop music from any period but I do think it got worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
nothing quite as innovative then as Squarepusher now - mixing jazz with drums n bass

edit - BTW, have you actually heard any Fujiya & Miyagi?
No (until now that you mentioned them) I mean more like a time when only Analog synths were available, the stuff I like was more like Minimal Wave. I have particular taste and it's hard to discribe. The slightest thing will turn me off to a song, band or genre. Some stuff out today I don't care for, but since a lot of people here are into that kind of stuff I don't want to mention it.

Have you heard of Hertzinfarkt?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote