Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #221 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
it seems to me that he has a lot of conclusion to do.....so much new stuff started in the last two books

and yes...to the point of just reading and going with it....actually the whole Daenerys arc in the last book for the most part annoyed the crap out of me....till the last chapter
Yeah, it's really hard to find myself caring about the political intrigue in Essos when I have no real idea of what the geography or political landscape even looks like. I mean we know that the people of Braavos are bankers, then Astapor, Yunkai, and Mereen are a slave-based economies, and Qarth is based on trade from the far east, and the Dothraki pretty much live off plunder and tributes to not plunder, but that still leaves a vast continent that is really unexplained. Then in A Dance with Dragons it's just all thrown at you at once with all these new characters with strange names and customs and it gets very overwhelming.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote