Music Banter - View Single Post - Ozzy solo or Dio era Sabbath
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #46 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
A-tothe-men.

The metal community is one of the least intelligent, thought-less, lemming-headed groups out there. They compete with the punk community for outright idiocy.

If they had their way, everything (and this is to a person here) would sound exactly like their favorite album. It could only change if it got more "intense." They generally feel that change is bad because we know what the ideal is, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It gets so bad as a matter of principle I just choose not to speak to them about music.

I just can't fathom how willed your own ignorance has to be to assume that a group of 40 somethings doing well for themselves financially would sound like they did 20 years ago when they were young, poor, and starving....idiots.
I'm an old fart myself and as time has moved on I've become more forgiving of watered down later career releases. But still, I'm going to spend much more time listening to Pig Destroyer than Ozzy. What the hell? I want intensity. I don't want to pigeonhole metal or insist that everything move in one direction but for me personally I've always had the most respect for music that pushes the boundaries.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote