Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Computer Tech Support Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #1188 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
Glad to know it worked

As for maximizing the size... Alt+Enter (default Windows keyboard command to maximize a window) 'works' but there's no easy way to make it look right on a widescreen monitor since most of those old DOS games are locked to specific resolutions with 4:3 aspect ratios. Get used to everyone looking a little shorter and wider than normal, OR big old 17" 'square' monitors sell for like $10 on places like kijiji or craig's list.

However if you've got a Radeon type video card you might need to tweak your scaling options or you'll just end up with massive black bars around the edge of the window. If that's the case launch your AMD VISION Engine Control Center (should be in your start menu) then open the Digital Flat-Panels tab on the left, then click on Scaling Options, then check the box for 'Enable GPU Scaling' within the Image Scaling panel on the right hand side of the window.

What classics are you guys enjoying?
I just downloaded Sid Meier's Pirates! and SimCity 2000.

Never played Pirates, but I used to play SimCity a ton, so it should be interesting revisiting it. I'll probably get around to all the other old classics in due time, and I'm open to recommendations if you have any.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote