Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 25 bands
Thread: Top 25 bands
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 12:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
SikThInDaHead
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice
You have every right to express your poinions IN A REASONABLE MANNER, not they way you have been presenting them. This is your last warning, you may say bands suck or wahtever, but dont be a little bitch all the time.
Could you please tell me were Ive been acting like a 'little bitch'?And is that not a blatant contradiction to what you have asked of me.....calling me 'a little bitch'.Well.....I apologise for being so passionate about probably the biggest thing in my life,music.I am used to speaking/writing my mind on my views about alternative music and the lifestyles that come with that passion.I write a column for a local music magazine in the U.K,and the Emo/Screamo issue has come up a couple of times.The magazine has addressed the issue twice now,the argument of what is emo.We've asked people@Roadrunner records,we've interviewed the likes of The Movielife,Beecher,Poison The Well and Saves The Day and we asked these particular bands what they thought of the 'emo/screamo' tag.These bands have all at some point been labelled as emo,and more often than not,there not sure what the term 'emo' itself means.If it is a type of 'emotive' music...i.e bringing out strong emotions,then why arent bands like Incubus,Slayer or Fear Factory classed as emo.All very emotional music,granted at different ends of the scale.The argument could and likely will go on for some time.Personally,as Ive made abundantly clear,the emo classed bands such as Thrice and Saves The Day seem to me to be attempting to ride on the dead 'teen-angst' wave,which died with Kurt Cobain.It will be as shortlived as the Nu-Metal era and will soon be as 'unfashionable'...as sickening as that sounds.I loved KoRn until after Issues,I liked Limp Bizkits 1st album and I still love Slipknot today...but they were made into brand in the end...the same will happen to this genre.