Music Banter - View Single Post - Recording vocals HELP?!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
rickbarratt
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekoid View Post
From what I know about acoustics, you just need something that will absorb the sound. Rooms that have lots of soft things in them and have less open space usually are less echoey.

There are all kinds of things people do for soundproofing. There's, of course, soundproofing foam (which I imagine probably isn't that expensive [?]), egg cartons, drapes etc., anything with air pockets to absorb the sound.... On a simple search for soundproofing solutions, it looks like you can get small sound isolation shields for microphones, too for around $20-30. But since I've never had experience with recording, I don't know how ell any of these might work.
The microphone guards can be really good

but.
if youve got a nice echo room with lots of reverb dont hate it embrace it if youre going to be using the room for more things like guitar and drums it could be really good so dont go mental on sound proofing having lots of furniture is a good way to absorb sound as well and a much cheaper option than adding absorbers if you dont have the money (just move some furniture in the room)
rickbarratt is offline   Reply With Quote