Music Banter - View Single Post - Bullet's Creations
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Bullet
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
I feel as if more of the power of your concept could come across in the song if you increased the bass notes. For example, I love the low sound you introduce at 1:13. I expected you to take that repeated note and go somewhere with it, perhaps around 1:45, such as by lengthening the note so that you have a wash of low sound. At 2:37 you do include some lower dupstep sounds. I recommend you increase their volume. Your use of low bass seems tentative right now.
See what you mean, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
I am curious what overall shape you envisioned for your song, if you had one. Having a central section that is heavy on bass, and tapering up to it and then away from it might be one way to give a sense of solidity to the song, if you want one.
I don't think I really had an overall shape, execpt I wanted it to start out as something you could bounce your toes and bob your head too while still being heavy and meaningful then end peaceful and have an inconsistant, yet naturally progressing road along the way, and I'm pretty sure I knew that it would end with a long, drawn out solo. I would wake up, add something to what I made yesterday, realize that it didn't really flow together the next day, and add a bridge between the two.

Quote:
Your song as is seems to have a lot of treble. Let's see...an analogy. Your song right now reminds me of an iceberg where only the top, the high part, above the waterline is visible. I want to hear all the low notes that are the main part of the iceberg *below* the water. Right now I can't see much of this submerged part of the iceberg in your song, and I want to.
It might have something to do with the fact that I mixed this on bosephones, but that's a bad excuse. I'll take a listen with that in mind and see if I agree.

Quote:
I did like the Asian influences I felt I heard in some sections of your piece.
Okay, I'm genuinely curious as to where you see these influences, because that's not really what I was thinking. Not that that's a bad thing in the least.

Seriously, though. Thanks for your time and your thoughts, man. I mean that. I enjoyed hearing them. It's always useful. Even when you're only making music for yourself, sometimes it takes time to see potential improvements that others see right away (though obviously, you have to think about weather or not you agree with the critisizm), so it is helpful. Take care.
The Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote