Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #4306 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I can't comment on this any further without spoiling the plotline, but let's just say you should read book 3 before you decide to call it quits based on those factors.

I'll just say that the characters have definitely changed some since the first book as far as the fourth, so perhaps it's a slow process over fourteen books. People don't change overnight, so I suppose it's reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Unknown, I hate to say it, but if you're bothered by the slow pace, I think you may not be long for this series. After book four, the pace slows down, then slows down some more, and then slows down until you realize that Jordan is treading water trying to figure out how to end the story. And if you haven't fallen in love with the characters I imagine that the series would eventually get rather maddening. Luckily for me, I love the characters and the entire fleshed out world that Jordan has created, so even when it gets tedious, I still have the character drama to lose myself in.
I bought the first 3 books from amazon and so I'll read all three. As said I'm not sold on the series but will continue to wade through them. To be honest I think I've been spoilt on the very strong characterizations of the Fire and Ice series and the fast moving books in the Warhammer world, so The Wheel of Time has come as a shock to the system, what is sometimes worrying for me, is that I can pass days without reading a chapter, but I always return to read them, as for some reason I start to get nostalgic about the saga. I thought the best chapter of the whole series so far, was the prologue chapter of the second book which featured Bors and the Darkfriends, Rand et al were nowhere to be seen.

Any of you two know how the Brandon Sanderson written books compare, as I know he is finishing the saga?
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote