Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 01:16 AM   #19912 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

I met Aesop Rock tonight. Here's the story.

He played here and the show was beyond amazing. Easily the best hip-hop show I've seen. The fun(ny) part came after the show was over. Aesop was hanging around his merch stand taking photos with people and such. I bought the Skelethon CD from the merch guy and then went to get it signed by Mr. Rock. There was a visibly drunk guy ahead of me who was blabbering at him and when I approached with my CD, Aesop turned his attention to me but, being the polite man that I am, I gestured that drunk guy wasn't finished talking.

Note: Aesop had just been onstage for over 2 hours and then spent another hour or so pleasing fans so he was pretty dazed. Here's how the experience went:

Drunk guy to Aesop: "I really like your direction. Are you gonna, like do a repeat?"

I chuckle.

Aesop to drunk guy (also chuckling): "Repeat what?"

Drunk guy: "Like do another encore?"

Me to drunk guy: "I think the encores are over, man" as I lightly touch his shoulder in a totally genial way.

Drunk guy to me: "Don't touch me, nigger. You don't know me!"

Aesop to drunk guy: "Hey, relax man"

I gave the universal hands up signal meaning "don't worry, I won't touch you or even look at you again" and proceed to get Aesop to sign the Skelethon CD I just bought. Then I tell Aesop I've been a fan since Float and that he continues to get better. He thanks me, I shake his hand and leave the club.

Here's some pics of the night..

Picture captions:
1. A funny sign I saw on my way in to the show
2. A guy getting his hair cut by Aesop's crew
3. Aesop taking photos and signing stuff after the show
4. My signed Skelethon CD
5. A raccoon I encountered just chilling on a sidewalk downtown on my way to the show.
Attached Thumbnails
Your Day-img_0747.jpg   Your Day-img_0761.jpg   Your Day-img_0769.jpg   Your Day-img_0773.jpg   Your Day-img_0746.jpg