Music Banter - View Single Post - Come Clean About Your Arty Pieces Of Sh*t
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #45 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
As a matter of fact, at some point I made it my intention to never listen to The Residents' music ever. On top of that, with the exception of perusing Google image for a new variation of the top hat avatar occasionally, I've managed to remain as ignorant of the band as I possibly could with quite a huge degree of success. I think I can easily say that I am the biggest fan of never hearing The Residents' music that has ever existed.

If that's not the epitome of the ...Arty Piece of **** flushed down a wormhole, then I don't know what is.
Interesting haha. I've checked out The Residents at various points in the past, never found a full album I liked from start to finish but there are always at least 1-2 tracks that really stand out.

Either way, the biggest piece of artsy sh1t in my collection has to be this one

Autechre - Confield

I picked it up back in the early 2000s when IDM was still new and snare rushes sounded fresh. I'd heard some Autechre prior to this, mainly remixes, and enjoyed it, reviews pegged this one as their most complex and challenging release at the time. Being a pretentious douche I took those comments as points of pride, only someone with an ear as refined as mine could handle that challenging complexity...

Yeah, no, it just sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote