Music Banter - View Single Post - A Forest of Stars
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Default A Forest of Stars

A Forest of Stars are a "Victorian" psychedelic/ambient black metal band from Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

I listened to the sublimley packaged 'Opportunistic Thieves of Spring' recently. Presented as an old, ageing book, worn and faded around the edges, lyrics organised in 'chapters' along with some gloriously unique photography of the band seemingly from the Victorian ages, and of course, containing the CD and DVD. The vinyl set looks as though it could be even easier on the eyes.

The album is a lengthy piece mixing elements of psychedelic rock with ambience and atmospheric black metal. The band certainly seem to attempt to live up to their "victorian" billing, via long sections of piano, flute and violin ambience intertwined with growls and aggressive black metal. They also dress the part, in suits, wasitcoats, corsets and dresses.

I haven't checked out their other two albums yet but I'm finding this one enthralling and I also got to catch them live a few weeks ago. Has anyone else been listening to them?

Current Line-up:

2007- Mister Curse - vocals
2007- Katie "Katheryne, Queen Of The Ghosts" Stone - flutes, violins, vocals
2007- The Gentleman - keyboards, percussions, piano
2009- Mr. John "The Resurrectionist" Bishop - drums, percussions
2011- Henry Hyde Bronsdon - guitars, vocals

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote