Music Banter - View Single Post - Spill Your Guts: What You Really Think About MB members
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 AM   #1618 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Mojopinuk

Another member who has been absent, which is sad because he's one of the remaining mods back from the day when it was almost exclusively British. I definitely like how he carries himself and doesn't get hung up on his musical preferences from defining his personality. I mean you take a look at him and you might think he's a throwback thrash metalhead, but you get to talking to him and you find out that he is that, but he can also talk your ear off about post-punk and other genres that betray his image, which I always find really cool.
Thanks Pete for your kind words. You have become one of the members here whose posts I will make sure I read in threads like Albums You're Digging and what not. I do often skim posts in there but I will read yours as I know it will be worth a read and often a recommendation from you is worth checking out.

As for my music tastes and identity, I quite like to know that someone sees me that way. I do love my metal, especially my thrash and my doom. I've been dabbling in more black metal over the last year or so as well. I really don't want to be identified as a metal fan though, at least not exclusively. I like what I like and to hell what my more narrower circles of "music fan" friends think of it. A lot of metal fans I know will take a dislike to something simply because it isnt metal enough for them, because they're hardcore like that, you know?

I have been absent. That probably will continue to happen. I will always come back and I have spells here where I will be here a lot and then a spell where I wont come here much at all. Life was easier when I had nothing to do all day, every day and could just listen to music. I was always looking for new music and so was here a lot. That isnt the case anymore and so I need to be in the mood to search for something new or to discuss what I've been listening to. For those of you who can work, live and still listen to 5+ new albums a week, i salute you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
One thing I found surprising is that many of you guys know that I have a twitter account let alone a Facebook account. I am very surprised considering how barely have mentioned that. I have always wanted to a remain mysterious man but I am not so much. Sparky got me good. I got to admit.
It cant be difficult. You used the same username.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust