Music Banter - View Single Post - The Olympics
Thread: The Olympics
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:57 AM   #90 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

The BBC were very pro-GB, yeah. It depends how you look at it really. I would imagine that the coverage provided in each country is going to be somewhat biased. You cater for what people want, and most people want to see their athletes and the events they are entered into. However, you want to see the best from the rest of the world too and its at least arguable that the BBC could have focused a little more on this and also provided more neutral punditry and perspectives. This is arguable. They had Michael Johnson featured heavily in the studio as well as John McEnroe, both American. Now, I like McEnroe, but if you want expert commentary he's not your first choice is he? Michael Johnson did a great job and was probably the BBCs saving grace in at least appearing to offer a neutral perspective. Then again even he was often asked what he thought about Team GB.

I dont know. Maybe it was a little too biased but I still feel as though I saw a lot of great moments from the success of other natiions. One of my highlights (I told you there was too many to mention) was Ruta Meilutytes gold in the pool for Lithuania and likewise Katie Ledecky was unreal also.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote