Music Banter - View Single Post - Laura Blakney: violinist, singer, songwriter. Hi everyone!
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
laurablakney82888
Groupie

Talking Laura Blakney: violinist, singer, songwriter. Hi everyone!

Hi all, I'm Laura Blakney! I'm 24 years old, and I love music of many genres, although Celtic and classical are among my favorites. Some of my favorite groups are Yanni, Celtic woman, and Nicole Nordeman.

I've been playing the violin since I was 7 years old, and singing just as long. I taught myself piano in college so I could write songs easier. I've been writing songs for as long as I can remember, although I was doing it seriously in high school. My style is acoustic with lots of beautiful melodies and harmonies.

I live in Canada because I married an amazing Canadian guy. I'm from Vermont originally, though. You can go from heat to AC in one day there! lol.

I'm a very bubbly, happy person who loves anything artistic or musical. I love to travel and see new cultures and meet new people. I hate math, but love history with a passion. My favorite color is blue, and I think Justin Bieber sounds like a girl. No offense, Justin... Seriously, when I first heard "Baby" and didn't know who he was yet, I thought a girl was singing. o_O lol

I'm currently recording my first CD, and I'm starting an online fundraiser on Wednesday through [advertising removed]. I'm not here to advertise, but to ask advice: What are good ways to promote my fundraising campaign? If you have any ideas or advice, I'd love to hear them!
laurablakney82888 is offline   Reply With Quote