Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Post-Punk Week!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

this thread alone is becoming an awesome mix tape

i think i'll add a couple (few)

first and foremost....one of the major players in noise rock...Helios Creed's Chrome

and there cannot be a post punk thread without mention of the band that no one seems to like mentioning.....Mission Of Burma

go figure Indiana would produce some of the strangest and most jarring post punk ever in MX-80

by far one of my favorite lines in the genre "when danger calls i have to answer, i walk the streets like a human cancer"....ala Savage Republic

Death In June spawned out of a punk band called Crisis....and before becoming a heathen folk band they were very much riding the coattails of post punk....this is honestly probably the best song they ever recorded....

and oddly no mention as of yet of Killing Joke....speaking of...a couple of weeks ago i got an email for Disinformation saying the lead singer was missing (again) and they think he is under severe stress due to strong apocalyptic beliefs....i can honestly say that this song....and in particular this version never gets old....and would fall on a list of all time favorite songs for me

and last but never least....and because they do fit....DEVO! (well DEVO fits everywhere don't they)
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote