Music Banter - View Single Post - Bitesize: Trollheart's Daily Album Mini-Reviews
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #52 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Thanx as always Ki. I'm afraid I can't give you the credit for KA: I've had this album on my hard disk for about a year now or more, only recently decided I should finally give them a listen. Glad I did.

In fact, if I remember correctly, I think I saw an ad for their album in "Classic Rock presents Prog", back when I could afford to buy the magazine.

Great band, just as I say pity they worship Genesis (what prog band doesn't?) to the extent that it colours their playing and makes them sound a bit too much like the prog giants. I'm going to have a listen to "Nine paths" soon, will let you know how/if the style develops.

Cheers!
TH
That's ok. I think I naturally thought it was a recommendation due to the fact that it's a familiar album. They do sound a lot like Genesis I agree, I just remember that they are still their own band, and I credit them for that. Lots of similarities between other bands, but they make albums for their band, and that's something to respect on it's own
Key is offline   Reply With Quote