Music Banter - View Single Post - Doctor, Doctor!
Thread: Doctor, Doctor!
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Sansa Stark
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
I actually am thinking I have IBS. It all started a few weeks ago. It was a Friday, and all of a sudden I realized I was burping/hiccuping almost constantly. It was scary as all hell. I didn't really know what it was, since I've never had it happen before (except after running). That night I was sitting in bed, and started getting really bad chills. I woke up, feeling really bloated, and couldn't even lay down. I kept having to sit up to burp. That whole day I had diarrhea. The next morning I had diarrhea again, but then it went away. That night I felt my stomach almost feel like it filled with gas or something, and felt gurgly. The next morning my stomach hurt quite a bit, and I was still having the weird hiccup/burps.

That afternoon I started really feeling terrified, not knowing what was causing it. I knew I didn't have insurance, so I felt like I'd never get help. I had an all out panic attack (which I've never had before), and felt like I was just never going to get better. I had chills again, and was so nervous I couldn't eat. My mom said I could get looked at the next day, so I was. They took a battery of tests, saying they felt that I had maybe got an overgrowth of bacteria. I didn't feel a whole lot better, but alright. I did feel better on my trip to NJ, except for the one night that I had ice cream. So I'm wondering if I could be lactose intolerant or something.

The only issue with the anxiety proposition is I've always had issues with anxiety, and never had these kinds of symptoms. I did, actually, but they only lasted one night. That was a year or so ago. I don't know what caused it, but I did have Cici's. It's worrying, because of the idea I'll never get help for it. On the other hand, if I find out what's causing it, I could definitely get help. I could also always be one of those people who have constant and urgent diarrhea, no matter what they do. For me it's more an issue of constipation. I DID have diarrhea the other morning, and I had a salad with blue cheese crumbles and blue cheese on it (as well as red onion), which also makes me think I might be lactose intolerant or something.

Tomorrow I'm going to a place where you stay for 5 days to get treatment for any sort of mental issues. Hopefully I'll get some answers. If nothing else, I'll at least get my anxiety under control.

EDIT: Also, after doing lots of research, I feel rather bad about lamenting my symptoms when they're so much less severe than a lot of the stories I've read. For me it's more of an annoyance. It's certainly not debilitating. I also found out I have people in my family with lactose intolerance, which makes me think that could be a big part.
Nasty cheeses can really **** you up if you have a lactose intolerance, but blue cheese shouldn't really harm you that much. At least it doesn't to me, all cheese really does is make me gassy (I've been lactose intolerant since I was a baby)...but milk will make me feel like I have to throw up. A small amount of blue cheese shouldn't **** you up that badly. To me it sounds like it might be a bigger issue than just dairy, maybe try going soy for a week and see how you feel?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote