Music Banter - View Single Post - Billy Corgan slams Soundgarden and Pavement
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I love how he criticizes other bands for trying to make money yet nevertheless refers to his own band as a "business".
Quote:
Without the young fans there is no future for Smashing Pumpkins. We can’t run an oldies business. Not only is it boring, it’s actually not a very good business."
I think he means he can't run Smashing Pumpkins as "an oldies business [because] ...it's actually not a very good business." - it doesn't make good business sense.

Quote:
Corgan also hit out at the changing landscape of music, describing it as one where people prefer fame to the music itself.

He said of this: "They have no respect for the people that came before them," he said. "They have no respect for the tradition of music, they have no respect for the blood and tears that have been spilled by great musicians all over the world – many of whom will never even know their name."
I think that is true for any age of music.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote