Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #12161 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Journeys: Neal Young

Friend of mine and I decided to go see this... and we were the only ones apparently. We got a 9:30 show and we were the only people in the audience. I was fine with that, we smoked a pretty big joint before hand and I had a flask of whiskey with me, so we could sit where ever we want, talk to each other, and drink without discretion. As far as the film goes... it's really just more of a live concert with some documentary style footage of Neil Young driving to Massey Hall in Toronto from Omemee in Norther Ontario and some anecdotes about the town and his life as a kid. Nothing to rush out and see, there were some really odd camera angles that went on for far too long, like this one of his mouth (the camera was on his mic stand) and at one point a bit of spit got on the lens and they just kept it on the same shot. Not the film you need to rush out and see, even if you are a fan of Neil Young.

To make it up to me my friend said we'd go see ParaNorman tomorrow, the new claymation video by the same study who did Coraline so I'm pretty excited for that.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote