Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You Have any Unique/Unusual Characters That Inhabit Your Dreams?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbakid2000 View Post
I've got a bunch of people that live in my dreams. In my dream last night, there was a recurring character who lives in a large converted house/train station that is partially abandoned/run down and part museum (about a foot from the tracks). He looks like a Twilight reject (vampire with the white skin, shock yellow short hair) and wears a flowing red robe. He has this old arcade game (not electronic) that he can use to predict the future (it's kind of like a Ouija board but looks like a pinball machine). He's very mystical and experiments with the occult but he's a "good" guy. He's unemployed and drinks a lot of beer too (from the can). For some reason I always go to him for advice about a particular situation (whatever it is that time) and he helps me. He has some people that are also unemployed that live with him/hang onto him, but they're more like regular people/thugs/muscle to him.

Funny thing is, he only shows up when this girl I used to go to school with in elementary school appears in my dreams and I'm hanging out with her. (and we're always at his house when he's present) Always a railroad theme during his dreams, whether we're exploring the tracks or actually riding trains.
I really love reading about peoples' dreams. So inspiring and unique.... and borderline surreal. That scenario would be a good premise for a novel or a video game. Cool stuff.

Usually it's people I used to know that make appearances in my dreams, like a friend of mine who moved away when I was 6, or a cousin I haven't seen in years.

Sometimes, in my more "serious" dreams, there's this one girl with pale skin, grey eyes, dusty blonde hair and dark red lips in a shabby Victorian dress. She likes to peek around corners or hide in the shadows whenever I'm walking in a forest or along a cliff-side. She looks and acts kind of like a ghost, but she seems to be a symbol of reassurance. Whenever she's around, nobody gets hurt or killed, and I always make it to the place I want to go. But whenever I try to go near her or thank her, she hides or runs away; and then something tragic happens. For the last little while she's been around, I always seem to remember not to try approaching her, which saddens me a bit, but always puts me at peace.
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote