Music Banter - View Single Post - Do You Have any Unique/Unusual Characters That Inhabit Your Dreams?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
nbakid2000
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekoid View Post
I really love reading about peoples' dreams. So inspiring and unique.... and borderline surreal. That scenario would be a good premise for a novel or a video game. Cool stuff.

Usually it's people I used to know that make appearances in my dreams, like a friend of mine who moved away when I was 6, or a cousin I haven't seen in years.

Sometimes, in my more "serious" dreams, there's this one girl with pale skin, grey eyes, dusty blonde hair and dark red lips in a shabby Victorian dress. She likes to peek around corners or hide in the shadows whenever I'm walking in a forest or along a cliff-side. She looks and acts kind of like a ghost, but she seems to be a symbol of reassurance. Whenever she's around, nobody gets hurt or killed, and I always make it to the place I want to go. But whenever I try to go near her or thank her, she hides or runs away; and then something tragic happens. For the last little while she's been around, I always seem to remember not to try approaching her, which saddens me a bit, but always puts me at peace.
Ha! You should see my railroad dreams sometime (figuratively speaking). They're always very futuristic and border on steampunk but without the 19th century timeframe...but the vibe is still there. They're always really exciting and interesting.

I actually used to have a recurring dream for YEARS...ever since I was a little kid (like 3) through like I swear...age 15. Basically, here's the set up:

I'm in a crowd of people and the setting is basically just a void...a brown, sepia tone void...and tons of people, like at a beach. Then there's a changing tent for a beach.

Anyway, so the void is there and there's like fog and stuff...and everyone is milling around. My dad is always there in the crowd. Then somehow this girl comes along (older than me, with long brown hair, about down to her middle back) and takes me to the top of the tent so we can sit there and look down at everyone milling around in the void. (at this point everyone is really really small compared to us/where we are)

That's basically it. She's just up there with me, kind of protecting me or watching over me or babysitting me...whatever.

I actually had the chance to ask a guy who runs a dream school around here (yeah, they have those) what it meant. He informed me it was my spirit guide and that all kids have them until a certain age. Apparently my spirit guide was helping me rise above the crowd and develop my own personality without being pushed into conformity (or something along those lines). Then he told me if I simply asked, my spirit guide would appear if I wanted it to (which is what I've read online). It never really did, but I assume by the time I asked about it I was too old anyway.

So that's THAT dream. Hope it entertained. Still unsure what it means, but the spirit guide explanation seems to make sense to a degree.

Last edited by nbakid2000; 08-19-2012 at 12:22 AM.
nbakid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote