Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 01:45 AM   #12164 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

ParaNorman (2012)

For the love of all that is still good and holy on this putrid planet of ours go see this movie. I'm not even kidding when I say this is quite possibly the best movie of the year, beating out the big contenders that have already earned quite a stir. Basically it's one of those rare movies we barely ever get anymore, a movie that truly manages to be incredibly well written even when compared to serious adult movies. This is a very smart little movie with A LOT to say about the various topics like purity, consumerism, conformity, alienation, and introversion, and it's all a kids movie. When you look at the PG rating, you see it's far more for themes and ideas than anything grotesque or scary. There are definitely some really subtle nods to humoring the adults, but really, the kids get some of the slapstick comedy, but this is a movie for you.

Seriously, I do not want to see this movie bomb at the box office like Scott Pilgrim did two years ago against The Expendables. This is a smart movie that is totally firing on all cylinders and deserves your attention. Don't let this one slip by.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote