Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #1489 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Would you believe, it's been six months since I last hit this section? About time I threw a few more recommendations your way, wouldn't you say?

Let's kick off with this then: this is from the Gaslight Anthem, from an album of theirs I reviewed a while back and was very impressed with. To be fair, just about every track on it is great, but this is one of the ones I didn't feature in the review. It's called “The spirit of jazz”, and if you don't hear the Springsteen influences in this track, then there's no hope for you (or you've never heard a song by the Boss)...

The spirit of jazz (The Gaslight Anthem) from “American slang” on SideOneDummy
Spoiler for The spirit of jazz:

An album I have yet to review, but will, is “The quiet resistance” by Nemesea. Here's a taster from it.
High enough (Nemesea) from “The quiet resistance” on Napalm
Spoiler for High enough:

One for my mate Ki, from an album he's been listening to recently (or a band at any rate); a short little piece but definitely recommended, from The Reasoning, this is the aptly-titled “Serenity”.
Serenity (The Reasoning) from “Dark angel” on Comet
Spoiler for Serenity:

And one I've just totally fallen in love with, from the latest Stevie Nicks album, this is called “Italian summer”.
Italian summer (Stevie Nicks) from “In your dreams” on Reprise
Spoiler for Italian summer:

An album that often gets a little overlooked, because it sort of straddles the transition from prog rock band to pop/rock band, I still think “Duke” by Genesis is among their best. This is the closing track from it --- well, two really, but they flow together as one and end the album really well.
Duke's travels/Duke's end (Genesis) from “Duke” on Charisma
Spoiler for Duke's travels/Duke's end:

And finally, from another metal band who have really impressed me recently and who I will be reviewing soon, this is Crystal Eyes, who hail from Sweden, with a great track called “The fire of Hades”.
The fire of Hades (Crystal Eyes) from “Chained” on Heavy Fidelity
Spoiler for The fire of Hades: