Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sexual Experience Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #5779 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
Yep, I think there's also the fact that when two people of same age and know each other well spend a lot of time together with no one else's company, there's often an unconscious element of a relationship building. Certainly the case with me. And sorry, SO SORRY for being so tacky, but remember that line from the Simpson's movie where Homer's got that pig sitting next to him on the sofa? "Perhaps WE should kiss, just to break the tension?"
Haha! I do remember that part of the movie

Quote:
Completely true, though there's certainly the fact here that that both of you see the other as your partner. You expect to kiss each other. However no amount of intimacy and privacy can cover that fact that the idea "I'm kissing my best friend!!!" is discomforting.
It's funny. I certainly expect that now, but I didn't expect it at the beginning, really. When we started dating, even after spending like three weeks doing stuff together during the day and dates in the evening, it was hard for me to think "OMG I think this guy actually likes me and I think he wants to kiss me!" I basically had the whole "FOREVER ALONE" mindset going on, because that was my first real experience with dating someone.

When he actually did kiss me, we had gone out on maybe 4 or 5 real dates already (like just us and not group events and whatnot). He stood behind me, turned me around, and planted one. Remember I had not ever kissed anybody before that moment. So I was not expecting it, and because of that it was awkward and felt very strange to me. But at the same time it was amazing and I'm glad it happened.

Quote:
Well, I think there's more than just the physical differences between boys and girls, I think the way our minds work is different as well. I don't mean the superficial differences, more the fact that I find the way girls minds work more complimentary to boys. I can't really express it well enough, but how I will find more pleasure in hearing about what the girl's reactions to her particular circumstances, and am content to listen and appreciate what she's saying. I find that part of a relationship far better in heterosexual ones, because I am slightly pained to recollect some of the experiences with another boy. We would sit in silence for a lot of the time because I think each was expecting the other to say something, and we'd feel a bit guilty for not doing so. "Sorry I'm being so quiet at the moment, I'm... erm, deep in thought" he said. Although we've had incredible amounts of fun, it seemed more like an intimate friendship more than anything. Despite the fact that it was superior to any heterosexual relationship I've had.
Mind you I've just turned 17, so anything I've just said must be understood to have come from very limited experience.
Yeah, I get that. Makes a lot of sense.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote