Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone Else Dislike Most Long Songs?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #125 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'd like to take issue (now that the sun has gone down and I can stalk the night!) with your implication that I'm making a personal attack, because I do not do those sort of things. The comment was a tongue-in-cheek one, but because of all the, really, negative feedback the OP was giving, it did occur to me that taking the name "wisdom" when you're only prepared to see your own point of view was a little rich. However, it was a joke and if you or the OP took offence at it I do apologise. I've been the subject of personal attacks (much worse, and more graphic than that) myself, and know it's not nice. But it was meant as a cheeky little joke. I thought that would certainly be understood by the video I posted just today.

Anyway.... gaze into my eyes ... you cannot look away ... you did NOT hear me make a personal attack... you did NOT hear....

Oh wait, while I'm at it: You will LISTEN to long songs... You will listen... damn! Must be losing my touch!

But to your other points: I'm really not sure why you find it impossible to believe, but the length of a song has ZERO impact on whether I enjoy it or not. Check my journals if you don't believe me. Never once do I mention "this song is too long/short" unless it actually is a bad song. I of course know of songs that are inherently of disinterest to me, but that is not because of their length. They could be 2 minutes or 10 minutes, but if they're bad they're bad. I have, admittedly, mentioned on occasion that a particular song "seems overstretched", when they are, but again that does not mean I wouldn't listen to it again, unless I actually don't like it, regardless of its length.

I truly don't understand why you would believe that I, and others like Ki, would not care a bit about the length of the song. We don't. I don't. It's interesting, informative to know, but in no way influences why I listen to music. It's really weird that you can't accept that, because it seems as I already said, yourself and wisdom are very much in the minority when it comes to this subject.