Music Banter - View Single Post - Geekoid's World of Music
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #50 (permalink)
Geekoid
Music Addict

Hmm. Didn't realize that review was from this time last year! Interesting. I found it in the album review index, and frankly I was surprised to find any of Amy's music there at all. I actually like your take on Lead Me On. It seems like you were able to appreciate Amy Grant as an artist with her heart in the right place; and the songs you singled out as being quality tracks are actually my favorites from the album.

As for the commercial pop sound, yeah, I'm aware of that. And so is Amy Grant, actually. She likes to kind of joke a little about Heart in Motion. As much as I want to dislike the often shallow mediocrity of commercialized music, it would be somewhat dishonest not to include them in my journal. Like I said in my intro post:
Quote:
You could say I'm primarily a pop fan, and I like a lot of styles of music that people generally consider kitschy, lame, whatever. I take it in stride.
I can't very well go back on my word on that point. Sometimes I just like to indulge in a little bit of fluffy pop now and again .
Geekoid is offline   Reply With Quote