Music Banter - View Single Post - Geekoid's World of Music
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:58 AM   #51 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Yeah, I don't know what led me (hah!) to buy that album. I had no idea who she was. Probably something shallow, like I thought she looked hot (she does), but once I started playing it I just loved the hell out of it. When I discovered she was singing essentially Christian music I was a little taken aback, but then I thought why should that spoil the music for me? Okay now, in fairness if every song had been along the lines of "glory to God in the highest" or "You must repent" then yeah, I'd have enjoyed it less, maybe even stopped listening. But the music is great, and the messages she puts in her music, while quite obviously and overtly Christian, are still basically human emotions and things we all believe in, like love and respect and family and fear of the future, looking back and looking forward. Nothing wrong with that.

As I said, I did get HiM but found it far slicker and poppier than LMO (hah! If there was an "A" in there...) which I feel is more mature, aimed towards the AOR/MOR crowd than the charts or pop singles, and I was quite disappointed with it as I recall. I felt she was taking the path of least resistance, giving in to pressure to have hit singles --- though of course I knew nothing about her situation --- and as a result had produced a much weaker album that meant very little to me, whereas LMO is still an album I play today, especially "What about the love" and "Saved by love", two entirely different songs which truly showcase how versatile Amy is, or was.

As for allowing pop into your journal, hey it's your journal! You feature Norwgian noseflute music if you want! Anyway, I can't talk: Kylie, Pixie Lott, hell I even recently reviewed Wham! Nothing wrong with a bit of pop at all; shows you don't just ignore it out of, er, ignorance.