Music Banter - View Single Post - Girl Arrested for Blasphemy In Pakistan
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
Pakistan is actually considered our ally along with Afghanistan. You should brush up on your history and current events just saying.
What governments are our allies and where terrorist group operate from are two different things. Franco mentioned Pakistan on the one hand as you pointed out they are our ally, but on the other hand there are terrorist organisations who pose a real & serious threat that control parts of Pakistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Quote:
Under Pakistan's blasphemy laws, anyone found guilty of insulting Islam's Prophet Muhammad or defiling the holy book, or Quran, can face life in prison or even execution. Critics say the laws are often misused to harass non-Muslims or target individuals.

"It has been exploited by individuals to settle personal scores, to grab land, to violate the rights of non-Muslims, to basically harass them," said the head of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, Zora Yusuf.
That is whole point of the article. It's not so much Pakistan, there are similar situations in Africa and the Middle East where non-muslims are being marginalized and persecuted.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote