Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone Else Dislike Most Long Songs?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #168 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom View Post
My argument isn't perfect, but I think it's still a good argument.

I didn't listen past the first minute of any of those songs. Because in Rainbow's case, I know the band and the only style I like was with Joe Lynn Turner. Threshold - well, it seems like the band never was that popular, and there's usually a reason for that. Besides, upbeat rock songs rarely resonate with me emotionally. "Okay" is not enough for me to spend more than six minutes on when I have better things to do. The other two songs leads to another pronouncement I figured out a few days ago - if I dislike the beginning of a song, there's almost no chance I will like the whole of it.

I can like soft songs (e.g., "Hold on My Heart," by Genesis and "I'm Not the One," by The Cars), but soft songs that go on and no, probably not.
You're making it really hard to take your posts seriously. You didn't even bother listening to the whole song? Even Vegangelica listened to the whole song before she made her conclusion about it. And I find it interesting how you can judge a song based on the beginning. If you know anything about prog and i'm assuming you don't, the beginning of the song doesn't always mean the rest of the song is going to sound like that.