Music Banter - View Single Post - skyrim
Thread: skyrim
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #417 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I don't see the worth of horses at all. For me, it's just one extra thing to worry about.
I either fast travel to the location, or fast travel to the nearest discovered location and trek the rest of the way on foot. Of course, I have my two angels with me at all times. Lydia and Jordis The Sword-Maiden... I lent them some pretty great armor. And they're tough. I have a mod to let me have as many followers as I want, but I found those two to be very efficient while not getting in the way. I gave one a good bow, and the other a good sword.
I use them tactically.

Horses, though, I can't really use tactically. They get me from one place to another quicker, but it's more clunky to engage in a battle from a horse, and then you have to worry about it dying. I don't have to worry about protecting my girls so much, so I like letting them pick up the slack when I need it. Otherwise, I lead the charge. As a one-handed warrior, I definitely feel the need to.

Anyway, if I need to trek a good distance, I don't mind doing it on foot. I'm only a level 40 on my 3rd playthrough and I can take down a giant with 2 arrows. I'm still buffing up to daedra on this runthrough, as I'm a more "in your face" fighter, but I do appreciate the tactic of whittling down your enemy's health prior to charging in there. My girls help me in that regard when I fail to do so, and I always make sure they're protected and stocked.

I really don't need a horse to worry about.
With a horse you can climb even the tallest mountain extremely easily. Like when you have to get to cutthroat to learn the thuums. I quick travel to nearest spot then use horse to climb, its unrealistic as hell they let you do it but hey its part of the game.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote