Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #625 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice
I commonly ask the same type of question "so are you like, really hard out into it?" because i dont understand how many can follow the commandment and believe, yet be so hypocritical outside the church. I feel that if one is a true believer, they will follow the commandments, and live as a direct representative of the God they worship.
P.S. What happened to miracles? Jesus walking on water, moses and the Red Sea? When did all this stop? Why does God not perform modern day miracles.
Thats prejudicial and ****ing dumb to assume that everyone who's "religeous" is hypocritical.

As far as your latter question, your going to need to do your own research. I have an ugly feeling you'll attempt to refute my every explination and then constantly ask more questions. The plauges are determined to be natural occurances that just happened to befall Egypt the year the "plauges existed." They all happen to a lesser degree (or at least did), that year they just happened to be exponential. Was that God's doing? Up to you.

Healings were all done the way Jesus did them, placing hands on people were the practices of tribes shaman. Did Jesus's healings work better, up to you.

To me it doesn't matter if you believe Jesus was real or ficitonal, he's someone to attempt to follow. If everyone tried, there would be far less pricks. I'm on board for that. And for people who use religeon as another stepping stone to prove their social superiority to others, well there not really religeous, they just tack another think onto their social resume like their applying for college, they aren't representitive of any religeon and they aren't decent people.