Music Banter - View Single Post - Introducing 'The Sulphur Man'
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Sulphur Man
Groupie

Default Introducing 'The Sulphur Man'

Hiyoh to everyone in the Music Banter forum.

Just joined today and so here is my introducing thread.

I'm male, mid-30s and live in the North West of England. I would say that about 50% of the music that I actually own or pay to see played live has been produced within 50 miles of my birth in Manchester.

So, into that you can throw the Factory Records lineage, Madchester/Baggy (both terrible terms but you get the genre), The Beatles and plenty more from Liverpool. In terms of complete album collections, then it's Doves, New Order, Joy Division, The Charlatans, The Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, The Courteeners, The Smiths, Oasis, A Certain Ratio.

I also own almost every album by the following: Belle and Sebastian, Keane, The Gaslight Anthem, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, The Cardgians and Saint Etienne, Madonna, R.E.M. and The Coral.

Gig-wise I tend to attend indie bands mostly...last five gigs have been The Stone Roses, The Courteeners, The Charlatans, The Vaccines, Noel Gallagher.

However, I also have outside interests: Northern Soul and house music (especially circa sort of 1989-2000) ...and again that's the influence of my youth.

I would also say I have an emerging love of stuff from the other side of The Atlantic like The Gaslight Anthem, Beach House, The Strokes, Midlake and so on. But I kind of don't know enough to be confident enough to nail any opinions to the mast. I'm also learning a bit about New York bands of all genres...but, again, still a novice there.

Elsewhere I have a season ticket at Manchester United, teach English for a living and love trainers / sneakers.

I took my username from a Doves track.

So, there you go. Nice to be here.
The Sulphur Man is offline   Reply With Quote