Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #270 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I've always heard you're supposed to go from large muscle groups to small. For example, you'd do the press bench and pull down machines before you'd get on the curl and triceps extension machines. I believe the idea is that it helps you get more benefit out of the exercises that work more muscles.
Hm, could be .. I'll keep that in mind. Up to now, I've tried to do rotations where I go from exercise to exercise. For example sit ups to push ups to one machine and then another and then I do that rotation three times. The benefit, I feel, is that as I exercise a different muscle group with each exercise, I can relax those muscles just a little before I hit the next set of repetitions.

I'm not sure if that's what you're supposed to do to get maximum benefit from your training as I only work out at a small gym at work and there's hardly anyone else there and never someone who really knows anything about this stuff. Perhaps it's better to just do one exercise at a time until you're done with it instead of rotating? I'll take any advice I can get!