Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone Else Dislike Most Long Songs?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #195 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom View Post
Haha, sensitive fanboys. Metal isn't a genre where good singing is required, and good singers in it have names like "Rob Halford" and "Bruce Dickinson." Maybe Dio's voice was strong (not sure about the last decade) and apparently the "enunciation" was above-average, but his voice didn't sound good. Perhaps I assessed the writing harshly, but the lyrics lack emotional substance, period. Metal standards for lyrics are pretty low. Was Dio long regarded as a metal great? Maybe, maybe not. But metal fans are a small subset of music fans. [move to a Dio thread?]
I'm really coming close to telling you where to go. You're so full of it it's just sickening and you can't see anyone's view other than your own. I've never known such obstinate arrogance in my life, particularly from someone who plainly hasn't a clue about the genre, making (another) stupid and ill-informed comment like the one bolded above.

But just so you can see you're wrong and it's not just my opinion, read the third sentence. Unless you're afraid to see how many people disagree with you.

Ronnie James Dio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I'm off before I get into trouble with the mods. Have a nice life.