Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone Else Dislike Most Long Songs?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 01:15 PM   #197 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom View Post
Dio was a lousy singer, and his songs are lyrically vapid and repetitive; length magnifies all those flaws.
[/I]
Now you're just coming across as the forum brat, the above statement alone shows that you really don't know that much about music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom View Post
Haha, sensitive fanboys. Metal isn't a genre where good singing is required, and good singers in it have names like "Rob Halford" and "Bruce Dickinson." Maybe Dio's voice was strong (not sure about the last decade) and apparently the "enunciation" was above-average, but his voice didn't sound good. Perhaps I assessed the writing harshly, but the lyrics lack emotional substance, period. Metal standards for lyrics are pretty low. Was Dio long regarded as a metal great? Maybe, maybe not. But metal fans are a small subset of music fans. [move to a Dio thread?]
Most metal fanboys are not really that sensitive on this forum and by singling out two of the most famous vocalists in metal, it really shows just how liimited your knowledge of the genre really is.

I saw the start of this thread where you were whining on about disliking songs over 6 mins, then you didn't like very short songs either, I don't know what you were bleating on about in the middle section as I haven't read that and now you're getting your knickers in a twist over metal. There really is a time and place for everything and all you're doing now is just making yourself look dopey, just be a good boy and sit the rest of the thread out.

As for metal not really requiring great singers, I'll have to cut and paste that one, for when I need a good laugh in the future.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History