Music Banter - View Single Post - MB GENERAL ALBUM CLUB: Pg.Lost - Key
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #632 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Kinda funny to see the occasional blanket statement in regards to people's enjoyment or awareness of prog. rock and whatnot ("I only like one album in the genre" "its all pretentious and boring, etc."). Progressive rock is an exceptionally vast "scene", with hundreds upon hundreds of releases from innumerable bands over the last four decades. People seem to look back on the 70's specifically when they think of the genre, but in reality there's plenty of great modern releases that might appeal to you even if you think all of it is overwrought.

None of you would like it if I wrote off your favorite Indie bands, Emo groups, hardcore bands, etc. via blanket judgements and the like. What makes you think such is acceptable in regards to progressive rock?

All this being said, SEBTP may be quintessential for your typical proghead as far as Genesis go, but I consider it overrated and even a tad weak in comparison to Trespass or Foxtrot. And this is coming from a guy who enjoys a great deal of their 80's output too.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 08-22-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote