Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think of this generation of music?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #208 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroyev View Post
There's nothing really wrong with any generation of music in my opinion, as they've all had good and bad material.
I agree.

Quote:
Really, I'd say that now is a theoretically better time. No matter how you feel about the quality between generation, there's far more genres and albums to consume now than what there were before
That only deals with listening to (consuming) music. That doesn't address whether or not music today better or worse than it use to be. So I agree it is a better time for people being into music. Not that it's a better time for music being produce.

Quote:
There's a lot more potential for music now than there ever was, and potential will just increase as generations move on. It's just the bands that use this potential that you should look out for.
That the sad part, there is so much potential yet so much crap.

Quote:
There are some great albums from the 2000's that trump some of the best of the 70's or 80's or whatever generation you want to pick (Before Today, anyone? Or Horses in the Sky? You really just have to look.)

EDIT: I didn't realize that what I said was basically said before. I don't want to seem redundant. I should skim better. :/
Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra - Horses In The Sky
I don't know if that is the album you had in mind. I looked it up on title track youtube and I saw a live performance of it. You gotta be kinding me. That trumps nothing.

Before Today
The song "Bright Lit Blue Skies" is a cover song from '66 how is that an example of today's music?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 08-22-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote