Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip-Hop Knock out Cup
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Appreciate your input D00d.
A couple of things though, you mentioned the inclusion of groups such as The Goats and Poor Righteous Teachers. I didn't want to include groups because then what do you do about units such as Wu-Tang and NWA where members have went on to have successful solo careers, surely it's unfair to have a whole group battle GZA or alternatively the whole of the Wu-Tang battling someone like Biggie.

As I said before if there are any glaring omissions, individual MC's whose impact has been so great that they might go onto win the tournament that I have missed out I am more than happy to include them, but I feel if we spent time tinkering the list to pander to each members personal favourites we'd never get this under way.

I think the best way to do it is just MC vs MC, I think dividing into subcategories such as style, popularity and period of prominence would serve only to complicate matters and turn people away from participating.

I've made a few ammendments to the list that I've spotted myself but on the whole I'm pretty satisfied with it and I don't plan on increasing the number over 80, just as 80 is a divisible into 40, 20, 10 and then the final 5 without dragging the tourney out too long.

Hell, if this is a success, I'm sure we can expand on this a year from now and include more groups, MC's and delve into obscurity if it calls for, but for now I want to see how things go with this list.

First tie begins in 6 hours.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote